Thursday, October 14, 2010

Snickerdoodles (4 Star)

There are many perfectly good snickerdoodle recipes in this world. However, I happen to think that mine is pretty much the best.



You may be astonished at my brazen assertion. Either I am uneducated, inflammatory, or I'm right. Give them I try and find out which it is.



This recipe comes from my mother's recipe file and was labeled "Laur's Sugar Cookies". Thanks Aunt Laur! I grew up on these so maybe I am a little biased. Or maybe not.



Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cream the butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, vanilla, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Beat until creamy. Stir in the flour.

In a separate small bowl stir together 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment