Friday, October 8, 2010

Peach Crisp with Maple Cream (2 Star)

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've posted anything here and I am really sad about it! I've cooked plenty of things that I wish I had posted about and now I don't remember half of them. Some of them were really good, too. Waaaa. Well, I hope to get back to posting my recipes, and to begin with, here is something nice and sweet. I love peach season. Unfortunately it is pretty much over, at least for the Lemon Elbertas which are what I love the most. While I still had several boxes of peaches lying around, I made this crisp, courtesy of Pioneer Woman.



I was a little skeptical of the maple cream because I didn't think it would work out for me, and I thought it might not be as good as ice cream. But I was wrong. It did work out fabulously and it was incredible. In-cre-di-ble. Especially the next day. If you make this, I recommend making the cream a day ahead because it thickens up a lot. Unless you want it runnier. But I liked it thick and I would have loved to have just grabbed a spoon and eaten it all. However, since it is 144 calories for two tablespoons, I tried really hard not to do that, for personal reasons.



The only thing I changed about this recipe was that I used half white flour and half whole wheat in order to appease my conscience. I don't think it was noticeable at all and maybe you could even use all whole wheat in this recipe and still get a great flavor and texture.

Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment