Monday, November 1, 2010

Doughnuts (4 Star)

For Halloween this weekend I made two kinds of doughnuts. This first kind was Pioneer Woman's raised doughnuts and they were challenging. I think if I tried making them another time or two I might get them right. The dough was so soft that after they rose it was really hard to get them into the oil without mutilating them. I read that the key to light, fluffy doughnuts is a really soft, loose dough, but I think mine were too soft. Also, I think my oil was probably not the correct temperature, either, since I didn't have a thermometer. A lot of the first ones I made cooked too long so they were grease bombs. (Sorry if you ate one of these at my party!) The last few I made weren't so bad. Brandon's mom made the maple frosting and that was the best part about them, I thought. Anyway, I guess it was good for a first try.

Click here for the recipe.



The other kind I made were pumpkin doughnuts and they turned out really good.

Click here for the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment