Sunday, November 14, 2010

Apple Cheddar Squash Soup (0 Star)



I couldn't believe that none of the boys liked this soup. (How often have I said this? Will I never cease to be amazed at their lackluster palates?) I really thought they would. I think I would have liked it at their ages. It was smooth and creamy and the flavor was mellow, earthy, and cheesy. I doubled this recipe and Brandon and I happily took care of it within a few days. And it was even better the second and third days. I didn't have any prosciutto or bacon so I used some smoked canned ham. Sorry if that sounds gross, but we still really loved it.

Click here for the recipe from Perry's Plate.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Tried this with no bacon and about a third less cheese, and it was great. It took a lot more work than my usual squash soup, but I figure it's worth it because it made so much. I'm excited for the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete