Monday, February 15, 2010

Red and White Pasta (3 Star)

Brandon helped me (he was trying to be nice for Valentine's Day--in between watching the Olympics) make this pasta, courtesy of Prudence Pennywise, for Valentine's Day dinner last night and it was so fantastic! Brandon and I were oohing and aahing and 3 of our boys really liked it, too. I made some bread-crumb-dredged chicken to go with ours, but it was great without it for lunch today. Our second-born only ate the chicken but we should have required him to have at least a bite of the pasta just to find out if he liked it. I guess we were so enraptured in eating our own that we forgot about him. We'll get him next time!



As for the salad, I (actually Brandon made the salad which was a nice Valentine's Day acquiescence on his part since he despises making salad) tossed together torn red leaf lettuce, spinach, diced green onion, sliced apple, bacon bits, dried cranberries, and grated Parmesan cheese. I often put sugared walnuts in this kind of salad, too. We used my current favorite salad dressing from Picky Palate, found here. (Scroll down to the end of the post for "Honey Dijon Dressing".) It is such an easy, delicious dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment