Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cucumber Peanut Salad (0 Star)

The other day I bought a bunch of cucumbers because they had an amazing sale price. Then they just sat in my fridge for a while because I didn't know what to do with them. I do that sometimes--buy something that's on a great sale and then let it rot in my fridge because I didn't know what to do with it.

Luckily, I found a delicious recipe this time and my cukes were saved from a rotten fate. I liked the fresh, clean taste of cucumbers in this salad paired with the peanuts, cilantro, and coconut. However, I used only one Serrano pepper (the recipe calls for 1-2) and (woowee!) it must have been a spicy one because it made the salad way too spicy for Brandon and I. Next time I will start with half and go from there. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this, and paired with grilled chicken strips, it made a healthy, light meal, loaded with crunch and flavor.



Click here for the recipe and beautiful photos, courtesy of 101 Cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment