Friday, January 28, 2011

Mud Balls (4 Star)

This is a treat that all of my kids love. I used to make peanut butter balls when I was a kid (the ones with peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar) and loved them. This is what I came up with to fulfill my desire for a more healthy (and chocolaty!) peanut butter ball. I usually just wing it on the amounts but this is probably close to what I put in.

Mud Balls

1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy--you choose)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Combine the above ingredients--alter amounts, if necessary, to adjust for personal taste and consistency--and roll into balls. If you wanted to get fancy, you could roll them in crushed, roasted peanuts, but my boys don't like fancy.



And, by the way, isn't this the cutest cake plate? My creative sister-in-law, Holli, made it by attaching a pretty cup to the bottom of a pretty plate. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment