Monday, April 12, 2010

White Bean and Sausage Chili (3 Star)



This chili was so incredibly good! I found the recipe here on Enlightened Cooking and copied it below with my changes. This was the perfect recipe in which to use my homemade chipotle salsa.

White Bean and Sausage Chili

1 1-pound package bulk sage sausage
1 15-ounce can white beans, drained
1 and 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin or butternut squash puree
1 cup chunky-style chipotle salsa (I used my homemade chipotle salsa )
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup crumbled goat cheese (I didn't have goat cheese--and feel a little scared of it--so I didn't use cheese at all and this was still excellent.)

In a large saucepan cook sausage over medium heat until brown and no pink remains, stirring to break up meat; drain fat. Stir in drained beans, pumpkin or squash, salsa, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve topped with goat cheese. Makes 4 generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment