Thursday, April 15, 2010

Black Bean Burgers with Orange Basil Salsa and Baked Fries (3 Star)

I don't think my pictures make this look terribly appetizing but it was very good. Brandon and I especially enjoyed the salsa--the oranges are an unexpected, sweet contribution. Three of the boys really liked this (the burgers and the fries, not the salsa). I found the recipe for the burgers and salsa here. I've been making the fries for years--my own recipe, or everyone's recipe--I've seen variations many different places.





The options for these fries are endless but here is how I made them:

Baked Steak and Taco Fries

7-8 medium potatoes
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2-1 Tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning or Kirkland Signature Steak Seasoning which is about the same and less expensive (Or to taste--I'm just guessing here. I don't ever measure, I just sprinkle until it looks good.)
1/2-1 Tablespoon taco seasoning (Or to taste--same as above.)
sea salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash the potatoes and cut into matchsticks. Place in a large bowl along with the olive oil and steak seasoning and stir together until seasoning is evenly distributed. Pour half of fries onto half of a cookie sheet. Add the taco seasoning to the remaining potatoes and stir. Pour remaining fries onto the other half of the cookie sheet. Spread fries out so that they are in a single layer. Sprinkle sea salt on top, to taste. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fries are beginning to brown. They may stick to the pan a little, but are easily removed with a metal spatula using strong, quick strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment