Thursday, March 25, 2010

Clam Chowder and Saltine Crackers (4 Star)

Clam chowder is a popular item around here. (Except with me! I like the chowder but I could do without the clams. I guess I'm the picky one this time.) Aside from me, everyone loves it. Our second-born helped me to make this for dinner and as we were eating, the only noise was the sound of mouths smacking--an unusual occurrence.

We use a simple recipe, found here on Allrecipes. I often use evaporated milk in place of the half and half in order to ease up on fat, and I stir about a third cup of flour into the milk before adding it to the soup and then boil to create a thicker consistency.



I forgot to buy saltine crackers for this meal (I always forget something) so Brandon made his own! Wow! Check them out. He got the recipe on-line, but I don't know where. They were more dense than the store-bought variety but tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment