Thursday, March 18, 2010

Asian Lettuce Wraps (3 Star)



These wraps are really good and fairly easy to make. I was inspired by this recipe but I changed it up quite a bit because I didn't have a number of the sauce ingredients and I had different vegetables. Instead of making the sauce in the recipe, I used my Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce that I bought at Costco, which I love.

I made a large batch due to the fact that one boy in this family could easily eat an entire two pounds of meat by himself, if allowed.

Asian Lettuce Wraps

1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoon olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced, or pressed through garlic press
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
4 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 red peppers, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 can bamboo shoots, finely chopped
3 pounds extra lean ground beef
1 Tablespoon hot red pepper paste (we have Korean)
1 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
crunchy lettuce or cabbage (right now I am loving the organic heirloom baby lettuces from Costco)

In a large pan or wok heat oil over medium high heat. Add the carrots, peppers, and onion. Saute for about 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for one minute more.

Add the ground beef and the hot red pepper paste. Stir completely to incorporate. Add the bamboo shoots.

Add the teriyaki sauce and cook until the ground beef is cooked through. This should be juicy but not sopping.

Serve in lettuce/cabbage cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment